- 2 teaspoon of extra-virgin oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) package button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 10 oz Capellini Black Rice from B Green Food
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 bell peppers (for carving)
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms and saute for 5-7 minutes, until tender and liquid from the mushrooms has been mostly cooked off.
- Add garlic and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Increase heat to high then add in canned tomatoes and vegetable broth. Bring to boil.
- Add capellini black rice noodles and stir until they wilt and fit in the pot. Cover pot, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes. (The liquid should be at a LOW boil this whole time.)
- Remove lid and add fresh spinach, a couple of handfuls at a time, stirring to get the spinach mixed in and wilted.
- Remove from heat and let capellini sit, covered, for a few minutes.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Add the vegetarian capellini black rice noodles to the carved bell peppers.
Slightly undercook your gluten free pasta because it tends to get gummy when overcooked. So instead of 5 minutes. Cook it between 3-4 minutes.