Shrunken Heads Recipe 🧟🍏
- 4 Granny Smith apples, firm and unbruised
- Pairing knives
- Cauldron or a medium mixing bowl
- 2 tablespoon of salt
- 2 cups of lemon juice
- Optional: mini skulls, spiders, extra potions, and eyeballs
- Mix the salt and lemon juice together in a cauldron.
- Peel the apples.
- Soak the apples in salt and lemon juice mixture for 20 minutes.
- Use a pairing knife to carve faces into the apples.
- Re-submerge the carved apples in the salt and lemon juice mixture.
- Optional: add in mini skulls, spiders, extra potions, and eyeballs.
- Dry your shrunken apples by placing in a vegetable dehydrator, or heat the apples in an oven at the lowest setting (200 degrees or less) for 3-6 hours.
- It’s time to decorate!
Want to learn how to make Shrunken Heads? Watch our video here:
Richie Anothaisintavee & Betsey
Videographer + Editor: