Make the mornings extra special by combining two breakfast favorites – cereal and pancakes – into one to create the popular TikTok Pancake Cereal! To mix things up, I used Trader Joe’s Ube Mochi & Pancake Mix for a more flavorful, colorful, and chewier take on this breakfast dish. Ube or purple yam is a popular flavor in the Philippines and goes well with just about any sweet treat, including pancakes. Give this recipe and and let me know how your tastebuds react to Ube!
Serving Size: 6
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Ube Mochi & Pancake Mix
- 3/4 cups Water
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Oil or Butter
- Plastic Squeeze Bottle
- Preheat a griddle or skillet to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a whisk to mix eggs, water, and melted butter or oil all together.
- Add the pancake mix and whisk until well combined and the mixture has a smooth consistency. If the batter is too thick, add water by the teaspoon until the consistency is correct.
- Add the pancake batter into the plastic squeeze bottle.
- Lightly oil the griddle with either butter or oil. Then squeeze the pancake batter onto the griddle in the shape of small circles, aiming to create mini pancakes, each the size of a quarter.
- Cook until bubbles start to foam at the edges and turn golden brown. Then flip!
- Cook the other side until they are golden brown. Then serve immediately.
- Pair it with your favorite milk and to spice things up, add in fruit, ice cream, or your favorite cereal – in this episode I used my personal favorite, Fruity Pebbles!